Technically, today is also Random Acts of Kindness Day. But seeing as yesterday was already Do a Grouch a Favor Day, I thought we needed a divergent day to follow. My Way Day has a better ring to it, don’t you think? Whether My Way Day means waking up and eating chocolate cake in bed and flicking the crumbs across the room, or taking your coffee with cane sugar instead of Splenda, today is YOUR day.
Side note: Keep it legal, kids.
My Way Day’s Dawn
After a militant search, I came up with nothing. Absolutely nothing. In fact, I’m seeing a pattern; Most unknown holidays have fuzzy origination. Some surmise it began when someone made an important decision. Seriously, that’s all I’ve got.
How to Do Things Your Way Today
1. Smother peanut butter on BOTH sides of your bread.
2. Take a swim right after eating.
3. Stack the dishes three feet high before washing them. Actually, just throw them in your dishwasher. This is 2015.
4. Eat gluten (as long as you don’t have a life-threatening disease, then by all means, please refrain.)
5. Leave the toilet seat up.
6. Forgo the directions and put pasta in the pan before it’s boiling. Bask in the rebellion.
7. Swim naked.
8. Grab a Make a Decision Pad.
9. Skip all of these things if you so wish, after all, it’s Your Way Day.
What are you doing your way today?